The Indispensable School Librarian
- Created By Sarah Pavey
- Last Updated June 19th, 2023
NOTE: For our e-learning training you will require a connection with camera and microphone ability. When training, cameras are expected to be on, and when asked to respond via the chat, comments to be added. This is to show engagement and attendance. If there is no camera or engagement certification cannot be issued.
Maximising the Potential of School Librarians
|Delivery Model||Online Face to Face session|
|What is Included|
Deadline booking date
Wednesday 6th December
Wednesday 17th & Thursday 18th January 2024
School librarians or library assistants in either primary or secondary schools (or both) who wish to develop their libraries to give more impact within the school and to support teaching and learning and the wider aims of the school community.
This course enables library staff to understand the need, and how to maximise the impact, of the librarian and the library for which they are responsible. The course will also cover policy development and making a library innovative by exploring ideas and initiatives within this framework.
- Understanding how the library and library staff can support the wider needs of the school and how to implement this with reference to the current situation
- Developing strategies to become visible during inspection including supporting senior management
- Begin to create a library development plan that has impact on teaching and learning
- Plan for the construction of a resource collection policy
- Gaining ideas for inspiration and the innovative school library
School libraries cannot be considered a luxury but often the vital role they play can be invisible. Currently, when there may be restrictions placed on physical resources and space, this presents the school library and its staff with further challenges. This course enables library staff to understand the need, and how to maximise the impact, of the librarian and the library for which they are responsible. The course will also cover policy development and making a library innovative by exploring ideas and initiatives within this framework.
Live Sessions using ZOOM
Making the Role of the School Library and its Staff Indispensable
- School plans and mission statements – the role of the library, the school librarian and other library staff
- Adapting your role and that of the library in the current climate
- Creating a library development plan for impact
Library Development Plans in Practice
- Presentation and feedback on library development plans
Developing Resource Collections with Impact
- Creating a collection development policy
- How to create an innovative school library
- Ideas for inspiration and how to find them
- Preparing for an inspection
* Times are UAE 1:00pm to 3:00pm via ZOOM.