Effective recruitment is essential in safeguarding children and young people and risk mitigation. Finding staff and volunteers with the necessary skills, qualifications and attributes to enable a setting to effectively deliver objectives in line with aims and values is key and must be conducted in a safe way.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for those who are responsible for ensuring the most appropriate people are recruited and vetted to work with children and young people. This course will most likely benefit:
- Human Resources Staff;
- Head Teachers, Deputy Heads and Principles;
- School Governors.
We strongly recommend that anyone wishing to undertake this course has a firm understanding of the required safeguarding principles and has recently undertaken safeguarding training.
Aims of the course
Taught by experienced professionals from a social services, education and policing background, this course will provide delegates with a:
- Clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of a safer recruitment panel
- Understanding of how policy is contextual to operational practice
- Identify best practice in the safeguarding safer recruitment arena
- Enhance an understanding of knowledge and obligations required in safer recruitment
Delegates will learn how to:
- Ensure staff, volunteers and governors are appropriately vetted and are suitable for the role when working with children and young people;
- Understand the importance of a safer recruitment job advertisement;
- Create a safer recruitment application pack;
- Understand the importance of maintaining an up to date job description;
- Understand the importance of safer recruitment checklists at interview panels;
- Review and embed safer recruitment practice and process;
- Understand how to properly conduct all pre and post-interview checks;
- Ensure that all safer recruitment policies and policy statements are up-to-date and relevant;
- Ensure a person on the recruitment panel has undertaken safer recruitment training and is confident to challenge;
- Identify and understand the importance of having a robust single central record system;
- Understand the importance of appropriate candidate background checks;
- Understand the important of safer recruitment risk assessments;
- Learn how to respond to inappropriate behaviour and allegations of abuse.
Costs and Dates
- AED 500 per delegate plus 5% VAT = AED 525
- Monday 22nd March 2021 (1:30 to 5:30pm UAE Time)
- Monday 7th June 2021 (12:30 to 4:30pm UAE time)