Outstanding Classroom Management: Practical, High Impact Techniques for Establishing and Maintaining Outstanding Student Behaviour and Engagement
- Created By Jay Tostevin
- Last Updated November 2nd, 2023
Behaviour & Classroom Management
|Face to Face
|What is Included
|Deadline booking date:
Wednesday 20th March
|Date of Training
|Thursday 9th May 2024
|9:00am to 3:00pm (UAE Time)
Teachers, trainers & counsellors
Are you tired of grappling with disruptive behaviours that hinder student learning? Are you seeking effective strategies to foster a harmonious atmosphere conducive to growth and success? Then this course will equip you with the essential tools and techniques to manage behaviour positively and empower your students to reach their full potential.
Gain insights into the underlying causes of student behaviours and learn to analyse and address them effectively. Establish clear expectations and consistent routines that promote a structured learning environment, ensuring everyone knows what’s expected and when. Leave behind reactive approaches and embrace proactive strategies that prevent disruptions before they occur. Discover the power of positive reinforcement and utilize visual cues to reinforce desired behaviour effortlessly. Acquire the communication skills necessary to build strong teacher-student relationships, creating an environment of trust and respect. Effectively manage and diffuse disruptive behaviours with confidence, preserving the dignity of all students involved. Develop personalized behaviour management plans to support students with specific needs, and collaborate with parents and colleagues to reinforce positive behaviour consistently.
Through interactive workshops, group discussions, and practical exercises, you’ll gain first-hand experience in applying these proven strategies. Reflect on your teaching practices, evaluate their effectiveness, and unlock your full potential as an exceptional educator.
Our course empowers you to continuously grow and refine your skills, ensuring your classroom becomes a haven for learning and personal growth.
Don’t miss this opportunity to revolutionise your classroom management approach. Enrol now and embark on a transformative journey towards fostering positive behaviour, enhancing student engagement, and creating a thriving educational environment.
- Understand the importance of positive classroom behaviour management and its impact on student learning outcomes.
- Identify and analyse common student behaviours and their underlying causes.
- Develop strategies for establishing clear expectations and consistent classroom routines.
- Implement proactive techniques to prevent disruptive behaviours and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Utilise effective communication and active listening skills to foster positive relationships with students.
- Implement strategies for engaging and motivating students to actively participate in classroom activities.
- Learn techniques for diffusing and de-escalating disruptive behaviours in a calm and constructive manner.
- Develop individualized behavior management plans to support students with specific needs or challenges.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents to reinforce positive behaviour and address behaviour concerns effectively
|Registration and refreshments.
|Introduction to Positive Classroom Behaviour Management
|Behaviour Analysis and Understanding
|Establishing Expectations and Routines Coffee Break.
|Proactive Behaviour Management Strategies
|Managing Disruptive Behaviours
|Engaging Students and Promoting Positive Participation
|Communication and Relationship Building
|Individualised Behaviour Management Plans
|Reflection and Continuous Improvement
Module 1: Introduction to Positive Classroom Behaviour Management
- Understanding the importance of positive behaviour in the classroom
- Exploring the impact of classroom environment on behaviour
- Recognising the teacher’s role in managing student behaviour effectively
Module 2: Behaviour Analysis and Understanding
- Identifying different types of student behaviours and their underlying causes
- Analysing the antecedents, behaviours, and consequences (ABCs) of student actions
- Applying behavioural analysis techniques to understand student behaviour patterns
Module 3: Establishing Expectations and Routines
- Setting clear and consistent expectations for behaviour
- Creating classroom rules and procedures collaboratively with students
- Designing effective routines to promote a structured learning environment
Module 4: Proactive Behaviour Management Strategies
- Implementing positive reinforcement techniques to encourage desired behaviour
- Utilising visual cues and prompts to support behaviour expectations
- Preparing and using effective classroom management tools and resources
Module 5: Communication and Relationship Building
- Developing strong teacher-student relationships based on trust and respect
- Enhancing communication skills to effectively address behaviour concerns
- Active listening techniques and empathetic responses in managing student behaviour
Module 6: Engaging Students and Promoting Positive Participation
- Strategies for increasing student engagement and motivation
- Differentiated instruction techniques to address diverse student needs
- Encouraging active participation and promoting a positive classroom culture
Module 7: Managing Disruptive Behaviours
- Recognising and addressing common disruptive behaviours
- De-escalation techniques and managing conflict in the classroom
- Strategies for redirecting and refocusing student behaviour effectively
Module 8: Individualised Behaviour Management Plans
- Creating personalised behaviour plans for students with specific needs or challenges
- Collaborating with support staff, parents, and guardians to implement behaviour plans
- Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of individualised strategies
Module 9: Collaboration and Support
- Engaging in effective collaboration with colleagues to address behaviour concerns
- Building partnerships with parents and guardians to reinforce positive behaviour
- Utilising available resources and support networks for managing classroom behaviour
Module 10: Reflection and Continuous Improvement
- Reflecting on classroom behaviour management strategies and their effectiveness
- Incorporating feedback and self-assessment to enhance teaching practices
- Developing a personal action plan for ongoing success.