National Professional Qualification (NPQs)
The new specialist and leadership programmes will be available from November 2021.
Registration with Infinite Learning will open in June 2021. (Deadline: Wednesday 22nd September 2021)
Application with UCL Institute of Education will open in July 2021 (Deadline: Thursday 30th September 2021)
Infinite Learning is proud to continue its long-term collaboration with UCL Institute of Education in the delivery of the the prestigious National Professional Qualifications (NPQs). UCL Institute of Education has been designated as a DfE approved provider for the new suite of National Professional Qualifications (NPQ). UCL Institute of Education (IOE) has been rated as the world number one for Education for the eighth year in a row by the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Why complete your NPQ with Infinite Learning and UCL Institute of Education (IOE)?
- UCL IOE are Number 1 in the world for education for the eighth year in a row.
- The name UCL Institute of Education is recognised by every educational organisation in the UK and across most of the world.
- Our materials are written by teams comprising academics who are experts in their field and experienced school leaders. Materials are updated every year and underpinned by current research. The new programmes will be underpinned by case studies from our school experts.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are trained directly by UCL Institute of Education, against a strict set of competencies.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are practicing Senior Leaders and/or Headteachers and have a wealth of experience delivering at senior and/or headship level.
- Our delivery model is fully blended and offers face-to-face days at all levels, either virtually or in-school.
- Our face-to-face days are supplemented by UCL eXtend – a highly interactive online platform providing a wealth of online materials and research and access to global discussion forums.
- Our face-to-face days are delivered by our own facilitators, thereby ensuring a contextualized professional learning experience.
- Despite the change in external assessment (moving to a case study exercise), an in-school implementation project remains an integral part of our delivery model. The implementation project will involve the participant’s line manager to ensure it is part of their targets for the year.
- Infinite Learning is based in Dubai and has a team dedicated to the running and delivery of the NPQs. We are on hand to offer immediate support at any stage of the programme, be that administrative, financial or content/project related.
- Since 2016, Infinite Learning has taken more than 800 participants through these programmes and our completion rate is extremely high.
- Infinite Learning is delighted to be offering the programmes at a reduced rate to previous years.
What do our participants say?
“The standout for me is the sheer quality of the facilitators. They know what they are talking about and are able to communicate in a clear and inspirational manner throughout the sessions. I enjoyed the honesty the participants shared with each other which led to very genuine and transformational discussions.”
“The programme is professionally challenging and very thought provoking. All the sessions were supportively facilitated by two very experienced and approachable professionals. I really enjoyed the openness and group discussions; there was a genuine air of coming together and learning together. Great cohort and great networking!”
“The programme has given me a great opportunity to interact and share experiences with other school leaders. It is an excellent programme giving delegates a valuable opportunity to reflect on their own leadership practice and enjoy professional development in a hugely positive learning community.”
“I have been very impressed with the professional challenges that the facilitators provide for us through questioning and discussions. It has also been great to meet, face to face, other colleagues within Dubai and the wider MENA region, pursuing the same qualification. Really enjoyable and riveting face to face sessions so far. This is an excellent programme with a superb blended delivery model.”
“I have rated this programme as Excellent. The knowledge and experience of the facilitators is the greatest strength. It is clear we are in the hands of experienced facilitators who have been there and done it! No sales pitches either which is great. Just great quality well designed sessions.”
National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) Overview
Great teaching and great school leadership are the foundations of a world-class education system. At the heart of great teaching and great school leadership is a shared, evidence-informed understanding of what works.
The reformed National Professional Qualification (NPQs) frameworks were developed by the DfE in consultation with an expert advisory group to draw on a range of experience from across the school system. The changes to NPQs build on the evidence base and expert advice already established in the new core content framework for Initial Teacher Training and the Early Career Framework (ECF).
The prestigious National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are accredited by the Department for Education. They are voluntary qualifications designed to promote great teaching and great school leadership. They provide teachers and leaders with the training, support, and guidance they need to develop expertise in school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice. They are designed to help you hone and develop the skills you already have, helping you become a more effective school leader and teacher in your school context. The Teachers’ Standards and Headteachers’ Standards have been woven into the content to ensure coherency with the frameworks already used by the teaching profession. They are held in extremely high regard by teachers, leaders and schools internationally and are a trusted and recognised qualification.
The IOE’s university and teaching school partners have drawn on their teacher expertise to design the following programmes. To best address the broad range of responsibilities of current and aspiring middle leaders, the Middle Leadership NPQ has been replaced with three new specialist NPQs.
REGISTER HERE – to register click on VIEW COURSE button for the required course below:
Benefits to participants
Working with UCL our participants will have:
- access to world-leading research, evidence informed practice and knowledge exchange
- an increased awareness and understanding of self as leader and of the behaviours needed to lead a school
- increased leadership confidence to implement school improvement, drive culture and ethos, curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment and develop organisational effectiveness
- time to reflect on your leadership practice and to network with a wide range of school leaders
- access to full coverage of the DfE’s NPQ qualification framework.
Benefits to schools
Working with UCL our schools will:
- develop a strategic approach to leadership focused on improving pupil outcomes
- access programmes designed to enhance staff wellbeing, agency, recruitment and retention within your organisation
- engage in a joined-up approach to school improvement in your school and region
- learn about how to lead the implementation of effective, sustainable change
- grow leadership capacity built on evidence-informed practice that is responsive, agile and bespoke to your context.
The reformed suite of NPQs will use a Case Study Scenario approach to assessment and more information on the assessment of NPQs will be available soon.