National Professional Qualifications
Infinite Learning is proud to continue its long-term collaboration with UCL Institute of Education in the delivery of the prestigious National Professional Qualifications (NPQs). UCL Institute of Education has been designated as a DfE approved provider for the new suite of National Professional Qualifications (NPQ). UCL Institute of Education (IOE) has been rated as the world number one for Education for the eighth year in a row by the QS World University Rankings by Subject. You can find out more about UCL IOE on the Programme Trainer tab. To view the profile of UCL, click here.
NPQs with Infinite Learning are KHDA Attested
The National Professional Qualifications are KHDA-approved for delivery by Infinite Learning FZ LLC, in partnership with UCL Institute of Education. When completing your chosen NPQ Programme with Infinite Learning, it will be recognized and attested by the KHDA. Infinite Learning is the only NPQ provider who can offer this. This is of potentially huge value, particularly if the NPQs becomes recognized as part of the teacher license, which is a possibility in the future.
It has been a long and justifiably rigorous process for Infinite Learning to achieve this level of recognition for the delivery of these programmes. Both Infinite Learning and UCL Institute of Education have had to provide detailed evidence around the programme framework and content, the delivery model, the quality assurance systems, the learner registration and tracking process, the learner completion rates, the assessment and certification process and guarantee. In addition, Infinite Learning has had to demonstrate, in great detail, that as an organisation we have the necessary infrastructure, systems, policies and procedures in place to successfully deliver The National Professional Qualifications. In short, it has been an extremely robust process and one that should assure you of the calibre of The National Professional Qualifications we deliver in partnership with UCL Institute of Education.
Why do your NPQ with Infinite Learning and UCL Institute of Education?
- Highly competitive rates
- KHDA approved. Attestation can only be done though Infinite Learning. Upon completion of your programme, you can submit your DfE Certificate to Infinite Learning for KHDA attestation. There is KHDA and administration charge of AED 100 for this service.
- Since 2016, Infinite Learning has taken more than 800 participants through these programmes with extremely high completion rates.
- Infinite Learning is based in Dubai and has a team dedicated to the running and delivery of the NPQs. We are on hand to offer immediate support at any stage of the programme, be that administrative, financial or content/project related.
- Payment is in AED and therefore transfer charges or exchange rates are not applicable.
- We can offer a flexible/staggered payment plan if required.
- There is no membership fee or additional administration charges on top of the participant fee.
- UCL IOE are Number 1 in the world for education for the eighth year in a row.
- The name UCL Institute of Education is recognised by every educational organisation in the UK and internationally.
- Our materials are written by academics who are experts in their field and experienced school leaders. Materials are updated every year and underpinned by current research. The new programmes will be underpinned by case studies from our school experts.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are trained directly by UCL Institute of Education, against a strict set of competencies.
- Facilitation training is free for those facilitating on a forthcoming cohort.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are practicing Senior Leaders and/or Headteachers and have a wealth of experience delivering at senior and/or headship level.
- For the first time, the NPQH is being delivered by local facilitators and we are excited about inviting our local leaders to become an integral part of this.
- Our delivery model is fully blended and offers face-to-face days at all levels, either virtually or in-school.
- Our face-to-face days are supplemented by UCL eXtend – a highly interactive online platform providing a wealth of online materials and research and access to global discussion forums.
- Our face-to-face days are delivered by our own facilitators, thereby ensuring a contextualized professional learning experience.
- As legally we cannot pay facilitators, we offer a 10% discount to any participant from an active facilitator’s school.
- Despite the change in external assessment (moving to a case study exercise), an in-school implementation project remains an integral part of our delivery model. This is not the case with many other providers. It is through the in-school project that all stakeholders (participants, colleagues, students and the school as a whole) really benefit from the programme.
What do our schools and facilitators say?
“I have had the pleasure of working in partnership, delivering the NPQSLs with Infinite Learning and IOE since 2014. I have very much valued the strong sense of professional collaboration and development through the facilitation of these courses. They are demanding yet offer invaluable opportunities to reflect on one’s own practice and collaborate, share ideas and network with others to offer a professional richness from which we all benefit. The facilitation of the NPQSLs over the last seven years have been a highlight for me; developing people, developing teams, shaping and strengthening leadership from which our schools can truly benefit. All of this is made possible through the drive and dedication of Infinite Learning to support schools and its leaders to be the best they can be for the students.” Darren Gale, Principal, Horizon International School, Dubai“
Taking part in the NPQ courses really has been rewarding for our staff and impactful for our students. The professionalism of the team at Infinite Learning, coupled with the quality of materials provided by the Institute of Education, has ensured that the delivery of the course was both simple and effective!” Marco A. Zambonini, Vice Principal – Director of Studies, NLCS, Dubai
“I enjoyed the collaboration and engaging in the NPQ Facilitation training material which was good CPD in itself. At delivery, I felt that the candidates benefitted from the experience of having leaders from different schools share their knowledge and understanding of leadership. I have always found Infinite Learning very supportive, and the training provided through their links and connections, such as IOE, have been excellent.” Christopher Vizzard, Headteacher, Dubai English Speaking College, Dubai
“Leading the NPQ programs is a great opportunity to not only share best practice and assist in molding the leaders of the future, but networking with other like-minded colleagues across the UAE. The NPQ programs are invaluable due to the knowledge that a participant is able to acquire linked with the hands on project which they are required to complete which gives them real life experience through on the job training. Working with aspiring leaders as they go through their leadership training and their personal growth is not only a privilege but something I strongly recommend for all senior leaders. Having the insight into the program allows you to see what they are working towards and makes you reflect as a leader on how you are growing your own rising stars.” Lisa Thorpe, Middle School and High School Principal and Whole School Improvement Leader, Next Generation School, Dubai
“Delivering the NPQs in partnership with infinite Learning and IOE has been a real positive step for my professional development. Reflecting on my own leadership as well as supporting others on their own leadership journey whilst allowing me to network and collaborate with other facilitators across the Middle East and beyond proved to be thoroughly rewarding and enjoyable.” Tony Clarkson, Deputy Headteacher, Dubai English Speaking School, Dubai
I have really enjoyed the experience of delivering the NPQ qualifications with Infinite Learning & IOE, especially the collaboration and networking amongst the schools, facilitators and participants on the course. It is great practical professional development for all and as a facilitator it has made me reflect on my leadership as well as developing the thoughts and ideas of the participants on the course to assist with their projects. Being a facilitator allows me to have a real insight into the programme so I can further support colleagues at my school that are undertaking the programme.” Omar Murtaza, Director of CPD, Dubai English Speaking School & College, Dubai
What do our participants say?
“The standout for me is the sheer quality of the facilitators. They know what they are talking about and are able to communicate in a clear and inspirational manner throughout the sessions. I enjoyed the honesty the participants shared with each other which led to very genuine and transformational discussions.”
“The programme is professionally challenging and very thought provoking. All the sessions were supportively facilitated by two very experienced and approachable professionals. I really enjoyed the openness and group discussions; there was a genuine air of coming together and learning together. Great cohort and great networking!”
“The programme has given me a great opportunity to interact and share experiences with other school leaders. It is an excellent programme giving participants a valuable opportunity to reflect on their own leadership practice and enjoy professional development in a hugely positive learning community.”
“I have been very impressed with the professional challenges that the facilitators provide for us through questioning and discussions. It has also been great to meet, face to face, other colleagues within Dubai and the wider MENA region, pursuing the same qualification. Really enjoyable and riveting face to face sessions so far. This is an excellent programme with a superb blended delivery model.”
“I have rated this programme as Excellent. The knowledge and experience of the facilitators is the greatest strength. It is clear we are in the hands of experienced facilitators who have been there and done it! No sales pitches either which is great. Just great quality well designed sessions.”
The Reformed National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) - An Overview
Benefits to participants
Working with UCL our participants will have:
- access to world-leading research, evidence informed practice and knowledge exchange
- an increased awareness and understanding of self as leader and of the behaviours needed to lead a school
- increased leadership confidence to implement school improvement, drive culture and ethos, curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment and develop organisational effectiveness
- time to reflect on your leadership practice and to network with a wide range of school leaders
- access to full coverage of the DfE’s NPQ qualification framework
Benefits to schools
Working with UCL our schools will:
- develop a strategic approach to leadership focused on improving pupil outcomes
- access programmes designed to enhance staff wellbeing, agency, recruitment and retention within your organisation
- engage in a joined-up approach to school improvement in your school and region
- learn about how to lead the implementation of effective, sustainable change
- grow leadership capacity built on evidence-informed practice that is responsive, agile and bespoke to your context
The reformed suite of NPQs will use a Case Study Scenario approach to assessment and more information on the assessment of NPQs will be available soon.