National Professional Qualification (NPQs)
Now KHDA Attested!
The new specialist and leadership programmes will be available from November 2021.
Registration with Infinite Learning will open in June 2021. (Deadline: Wednesday 22nd September 2021)
Application with UCL Institute of Education will open in July 2021 (Deadline: Thursday 30th September 2021)
We are delighted to announce that The National Professional Qualifications are KHDA-approved for delivery by Infinite Learning FZ LLC, in partnership with UCL Institute of Education. When completing your chosen NPQ Programme with Infinite Learning, it will be recognized and attested by the KHDA. It has been a long and justifiably rigorous process for Infinite Learning to achieve this level of recognition for the delivery of these programmes. Both Infinite Learning and UCL Institute of Education have had to provide detailed evidence around the programme framework and content, the delivery model, the quality assurance systems, the learner registration and tracking process, the learner completion rates, the assessment and certification process and guarantee. In addition, Infinite Learning has had to demonstrate, in great detail, that as an organisation we have the necessary infrastructure, systems, policies and procedures in place to successfully deliver The National Professional Qualifications. In short, it has been an extremely robust process and one that should assure you of the calibre of The National Professional Qualifications we deliver in partnership with UCL Institute of Education.
Please note: The KHDA will attest NPQ certificates for learners who have completed their programme through Infinite Learning only. For those who have completed their programme through other providers, who are not approved and permitted by the KHDA to run these programmes, attestation cannot be done by the KHDA.
Infinite Learning is proud to continue its long-term collaboration with UCL Institute of Education in the delivery of the the prestigious National Professional Qualifications (NPQs). UCL Institute of Education has been designated as a DfE approved provider for the new suite of National Professional Qualifications (NPQ). UCL Institute of Education (IOE) has been rated as the world number one for Education for the eighth year in a row by the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
Why complete your NPQ with Infinite Learning and UCL Institute of Education (IOE)?
- UCL IOE are Number 1 in the world for education for the eighth year in a row.
- The name UCL Institute of Education is recognised by every educational organisation in the UK and across most of the world.
- Our materials are written by teams comprising academics who are experts in their field and experienced school leaders. Materials are updated every year and underpinned by current research. The new programmes will be underpinned by case studies from our school experts.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are trained directly by UCL Institute of Education, against a strict set of competencies.
- All Infinite Learning facilitators are practicing Senior Leaders and/or Headteachers and have a wealth of experience delivering at senior and/or headship level.
- Our delivery model is fully blended and offers face-to-face days at all levels, either virtually or in-school.
- Our face-to-face days are supplemented by UCL eXtend – a highly interactive online platform providing a wealth of online materials and research and access to global discussion forums.
- Our face-to-face days are delivered by our own facilitators, thereby ensuring a contextualized professional learning experience.
- Despite the change in external assessment (moving to a case study exercise), an in-school implementation project remains an integral part of our delivery model. The implementation project will involve the participant’s line manager to ensure it is part of their targets for the year.
- Infinite Learning is based in Dubai and has a team dedicated to the running and delivery of the NPQs. We are on hand to offer immediate support at any stage of the programme, be that administrative, financial or content/project related.
- Since 2016, Infinite Learning has taken more than 800 participants through these programmes and our completion rate is extremely high.
- Infinite Learning is delighted to be offering the programmes at a reduced rate to previous years.
What do our schools and facilitators say?
“I have had the pleasure of working in partnership, delivering the NPQSLs with Infinite Learning and IOE since 2014. I have very much valued the strong sense of professional collaboration and development through the facilitation of these courses. They are demanding yet offer invaluable opportunities to reflect on one’s own practice and collaborate, share ideas and network with others to offer a professional richness from which we all benefit. The facilitation of the NPQSLs over the last seven years have been a highlight for me; developing people, developing teams, shaping and strengthening leadership from which our schools can truly benefit. All of this is made possible through the drive and dedication of Infinite Learning to support schools and its leaders to be the best they can be for the students.” Darren Gale, Principal, Horizon International School, Dubai“
Taking part in the NPQ courses really has been rewarding for our staff and impactful for our students. The professionalism of the team at Infinite Learning, coupled with the quality of materials provided by the Institute of Education, has ensured that the delivery of the course was both simple and effective!” Marco A. Zambonini, Vice Principal – Director of Studies, NLCS, Dubai
“I enjoyed the collaboration and engaging in the NPQ Facilitation training material which was good CPD in itself. At delivery, I felt that the candidates benefitted from the experience of having leaders from different schools share their knowledge and understanding of leadership. I have always found Infinite Learning very supportive, and the training provided through their links and connections, such as IOE, have been excellent.” Christopher Vizzard, Headteacher, Dubai English Speaking College, Dubai
“Leading the NPQ programs is a great opportunity to not only share best practice and assist in molding the leaders of the future, but networking with other like-minded colleagues across the UAE. The NPQ programs are invaluable due to the knowledge that a participant is able to acquire linked with the hands on project which they are required to complete which gives them real life experience through on the job training. Working with aspiring leaders as they go through their leadership training and their personal growth is not only a privilege but something I strongly recommend for all senior leaders. Having the insight into the program allows you to see what they are working towards and makes you reflect as a leader on how you are growing your own rising stars.” Lisa Thorpe, Middle School and High School Principal and Whole School Improvement Leader, Next Generation School, Dubai
“Delivering the NPQs in partnership with infinite Learning and IOE has been a real positive step for my professional development. Reflecting on my own leadership as well as supporting others on their own leadership journey whilst allowing me to network and collaborate with other facilitators across the Middle East and beyond proved to be thoroughly rewarding and enjoyable.” Tony Clarkson, Deputy Headteacher, Dubai English Speaking School, Dubai”
I have really enjoyed the experience of delivering the NPQ qualifications with Infinite Learning & IOE, especially the collaboration and networking amongst the schools, facilitators and delegates on the course. It is great practical professional development for all and as a facilitator it has made me reflect on my leadership as well as developing the thoughts and ideas of the delegates on the course to assist with their projects. Being a facilitator allows me to have a real insight into the programme so I can further support colleagues at my school that are undertaking the programme.” Omar Murtaza, Director of CPD, Dubai English Speaking School & College, Dubai
What do our participants say?
“The standout for me is the sheer quality of the facilitators. They know what they are talking about and are able to communicate in a clear and inspirational manner throughout the sessions. I enjoyed the honesty the participants shared with each other which led to very genuine and transformational discussions.”
“The programme is professionally challenging and very thought provoking. All the sessions were supportively facilitated by two very experienced and approachable professionals. I really enjoyed the openness and group discussions; there was a genuine air of coming together and learning together. Great cohort and great networking!”
“The programme has given me a great opportunity to interact and share experiences with other school leaders. It is an excellent programme giving delegates a valuable opportunity to reflect on their own leadership practice and enjoy professional development in a hugely positive learning community.”
“I have been very impressed with the professional challenges that the facilitators provide for us through questioning and discussions. It has also been great to meet, face to face, other colleagues within Dubai and the wider MENA region, pursuing the same qualification. Really enjoyable and riveting face to face sessions so far. This is an excellent programme with a superb blended delivery model.”
“I have rated this programme as Excellent. The knowledge and experience of the facilitators is the greatest strength. It is clear we are in the hands of experienced facilitators who have been there and done it! No sales pitches either which is great. Just great quality well designed sessions.”
National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) Overview
Great teaching and great school leadership are the foundations of a world-class education system. At the heart of great teaching and great school leadership is a shared, evidence-informed understanding of what works.
The reformed National Professional Qualification (NPQs) frameworks were developed by the DfE in consultation with an expert advisory group to draw on a range of experience from across the school system. The changes to NPQs build on the evidence base and expert advice already established in the new core content framework for Initial Teacher Training and the Early Career Framework (ECF).
The prestigious National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are accredited by the Department for Education. They are voluntary qualifications designed to promote great teaching and great school leadership. They provide teachers and leaders with the training, support, and guidance they need to develop expertise in school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice. They are designed to help you hone and develop the skills you already have, helping you become a more effective school leader and teacher in your school context. The Teachers’ Standards and Headteachers’ Standards have been woven into the content to ensure coherency with the frameworks already used by the teaching profession. They are held in extremely high regard by teachers, leaders and schools internationally and are a trusted and recognised qualification.
The IOE’s university and teaching school partners have drawn on their teacher expertise to design the following programmes. To best address the broad range of responsibilities of current and aspiring middle leaders, the Middle Leadership NPQ has been replaced with three new specialist NPQs.
REGISTER HERE – to register click on VIEW COURSE button for the required course below:
Benefits to participants
Working with UCL our participants will have:
- access to world-leading research, evidence informed practice and knowledge exchange
- an increased awareness and understanding of self as leader and of the behaviours needed to lead a school
- increased leadership confidence to implement school improvement, drive culture and ethos, curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment and develop organisational effectiveness
- time to reflect on your leadership practice and to network with a wide range of school leaders
- access to full coverage of the DfE’s NPQ qualification framework.
Benefits to schools
Working with UCL our schools will:
- develop a strategic approach to leadership focused on improving pupil outcomes
- access programmes designed to enhance staff wellbeing, agency, recruitment and retention within your organisation
- engage in a joined-up approach to school improvement in your school and region
- learn about how to lead the implementation of effective, sustainable change
- grow leadership capacity built on evidence-informed practice that is responsive, agile and bespoke to your context.
The reformed suite of NPQs will use a Case Study Scenario approach to assessment and more information on the assessment of NPQs will be available soon.