Our resident SEN expert, Louise Dawson, was back in action last week – once again delivering her course entitled Leading and Managing a SEN Department in the UAE (Level 1) at Oaktree Primary School, Dubai.
The course was aimed at Special Educational Needs Coordinators / Inclusion Leaders who are new to Dubai or new to the role, with the intended outcomes as follows:
- Be knowledgeable about the history of the development of support for students of determination in the UAE context
- Have an understanding of the documentation underpinning the Inclusion Framework and the responsibilities of a SENCo
- Begin to create and implement a strategic plan to develop the provision of support for students of determination within their own setting
- Put the non-negotiables into place such as an action plan, evidence for inspection, data gathering, and the Inclusion Team and staffing requirements
- Have access to a range of documentation, such as policy, forms, provision map, IEP, and other templates to support students
- Begin the process of initial identification of students with additional needs including those with a gifted or talented profile
- Begin to develop a personal community network
Our thanks, as always, to the wonderful Louise Dawson for sharing her expertise and of course to Oaktree Primary School, Dubai for hosting so well, as always.
#CPD #Collaboration #SEN #Leaders @OaktreeDubai @jcd_support