Infinite Learning Spring Term Newsletter – April 2020
Firstly, I hope you are all safe, happy and healthy as we find ourselves in unprecedented times. Whilst the world of education is currently enjoying a largely online experience, it was not that long ago that Face-to-Face learning, for students, teachers and leaders alike, was the preferred method of collaboration and development. It may be some months before we can return to this ‘traditional’ style of learning, if indeed we ever do or even want to return to it in the same way as before. Perhaps a more likely outcome is that, as the resilient, adaptable human beings that we are, we will ‘Embrace a New Normal’*.
In the meantime, let us reflect on the excellent F2F learning that took place last term and look forward to the day when we can meet and share in this manner once more. Despite the inevitability of change, I do not doubt that we will continue to need and want the experience of human connection; of meeting, of sharing ideas and of learning from one another face to face.
The Spring term, despite being curtailed, has been an extremely busy one for Infinite Learning and teachers & leaders across the region. Over 330 delegates have attended over 30 days of training. Our Partner School base continues to grow and we are proud to say that we now work in partnership with a total of 80 host schools across Africa, China, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, Pakistan, The Philippines and The UAE: http://www.infinitelearning.ae/partner-schools/ If you are interested in becoming a Partner School, please email Rebecca Annand: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some facts and figures from another very successful term:
- 34 days of open CPD courses
- 331 delegates on open CPD courses
- Over 75 different schools from across the region and beyond booking on courses
- Worked with 13 Partner Schools (Total of 80 partner schools)
- Another Safeguarding Standard Audit successfully completed! (more information on The Standard can be found here: https://www.infinitelearning.ae/safeguarding/ )
Thank you to all our Partner Schools that have hosted events for us this term:
- Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, Dubai, UAE
- Dubai International Academy, Al Barsha
- Gems Wellington Al Khail, Dubai UAE
- Jebel Ali School, Dubai UAE
- Kings’ School Al Barsha, Dubai, UAE
- Nord Anglia School, Dubai UAE
- Oaktree Primary School, Dubai, UAE
- Rashid School for Boys, Dubai, UAE
- Repton School, Dubai, UAE
- Sunmarke, Dubai, UAE
- Swiss International Scientific School, Dubai, UAE
- Uptown School, Dubai, UAE
- Victory Heights Primary School, Dubai, UAE
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
As always, our NPQ Programmes have remained particularly popular. So much so that we are again this academic year, running 2 NPQML and NPQSL cohorts. (September 2019 cohorts and January 2020). cohorts. In addition to this we have our NPQH January 2020 cohort as well as 2 groups of schools collaborating to run their own ‘in-house’ cohorts of the NPQML and the NPQSL. In total, this accounts for an impressive 193 NPQ delegates enrolled for the academic year 2019-20!
All NPQ programmes, normally 18 months in duration, have been extended to 24 months. Participants therefore have an additional 6 months in which to complete and submit their in-school project(s) assessment. Any outstanding F2F sessions will be re-scheduled to the autumn term 2020. Please visit https://www.leadershipcolab.org.uk/ for further information.
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our NPQ facilitators who are all practising senior leaders, heads or principals in schools across the UAE. Their delivery of these programmes is so vitally important to leaders in the region and our facilitators play a pivotal role in the development of these future leaders. Many thanks to all of them once again for their support and professionalism.
The blended model we offer, and in particular, the value of the F2F sessions (as clearly indicated in the testimonials below), is without doubt the success factor for these programmes. Credit here must go to our fantastic facilitators:
Infinite Learning NPQ Facilitators
- Amy Milne Horizon International School, Dubai, UAE
- Bede Higgins Kings’ School, Dubai, UAE
- Darren Gale Horizon International School, Dubai, UAE
- Dee Saran Dubai College, Dubai, UAE
- Elise Furr Swiss International Scientific School, Dubai, UAE
- James McBlane British International School al Khubairat, Abu Dhabi
- Mike Bloy Kings’ School Al Barsha, Dubai, UAE
- Rebecca Coulter Jumeirah College, Dubai, UAE
- Richard McGrory Dubai College, Dubai, UAE
- Sarah Reynolds Kings’ School Al Barsha, Dubai, UAE
- Samantha Bagshaw Dubai International Academy, Al Barsha
- Shiobain Brady Sharjah English School, Sharjah, UAE
- Zoe Woolley Foremarke School, Dubai, UAE
Infinite Learning NPQ Taaleem facilitators:
- Allan Weston
- Chris Bromham
- Jayne Gaughan
- Lynsey Seeley
- Pali Nahal
- Peter Fremaux
- Richard Drew
- Scott Moore
Please now take a few minutes to read the fantastic feedback all of our courses have received this term.Please use the link below to download a PDF of the newsletter:
It is at this point that I would normally be wishing you all a restful and relaxing spring break; but of course we have already had that – or not, as was the case for so many of us! So instead, I wish you all health, happiness and resilience at this time!
As you are aware, we are currently not able to run any face to face courses but we will be back with gusto in the autumn term. We are already in the throes of re-scheduling planned courses and adding new courses to our calendar of events for 2020-2021. In addition, we will soon be launching some online Leadership and Coaching courses.
For now, from all the Infinite Learning team, keep safe and keep learning!
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Rebecca Annand email@example.com
Paola Wingrove firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Munday email@example.com
Sharon Erlank firstname.lastname@example.org