Write Inspired – How to Bring Writing to Life
- Created By Philip Davis
- Last Updated August 2nd, 2022
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
Wednesday 26th October 2022
|Date of Training||Tuesday 15th & Wednesday 16th November 2022|
|Time (UAE)||8:45am to 3:30pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Please note: If COVID restrictions are introduced, this course will become an online training session.
Teachers, Senior Management, Literacy Co-ordinators
Aims of the course
The course will:
• Provide exciting, innovative methods to enliven and inspire writing and self-expression.
• Develop creativity and bring a more purposeful approach to the teaching of writing.
• To reduce the anxiety and apathy so often associated with the writing process.
• Inspire teachers to be more creative and innovative in the classroom
Understand some of the key barriers to learning and how to overcome them.
• Understand and experience how to bring a more dynamic environment to the classroom
• Understand the nature of ideas, how to generate and develop them through 3D models, unique graphic organisers, visual arts and more
• Understand the power of sound and the different ways in which to use it as a tool to inspire ideas. Build this into improvisation of words.
• Discover the power of divergent thinking and why it is essential to promote and nurture.
• Build concentration and focus in all aspects of learning.
• Have many, many practical and tried activities to try immediately.
• Receive the 100 page Write Inspired manual with downloadable content.
• Receive a discount code for all Write Inspired resources
|08:45||Registration and refreshments|
|09:00||Introduction to Write Inspired – you will be talked through the processes and skills involved : Curiosity and awareness, Associative and divergent thinking, How to organise ideas. The magic and rhythm of language. The power of sound as an agent to inspire language. How to create a dynamic learning space – movement and activity in the classroom and how it transforms the writing process|
|11:00||Write Inspired in Action. Learn about numerous practical sessions delivered to classes all over the world. See examples and have a go yourselves. Practical and inspiring.|
|14:00||3D models and writing. You will be taken through a complete model making session and shown the numerous writing activities that come from it. You will be shown examples of projects and the incredible outcomes achieved. From small class based short term projects to large scale performances using the childrens own writing|
|08:45||Registration and refreshments.|
|09:00||Write Inspired project Part 1. We go through the details of running a project using Write Inspired techniques that encompass writing, performance, art, display, book making and much more. These activities can be delivered over half a term and used for a final performance or exhibition.|
|11:00||A closer look at sound : we will go into more depth on how to use sound to inspire writing and creative expression. You will be provided with a kit of sound resources to use for these activities.|
|14:00||Write Inspired project part 2 – Sonic story telling. A fun and practical look at how to invigorate story telling. Suitable for all ages. No musical experience necessary.
PLEASE BRING AN INSTRUMENT FROM YOUR SCHOOL THAT WOULD BE USED IN CLASS: Xylophones, glockenspiels, claves, drums, wood blocks – anything suitable from the music room!!