||Enhancing Personal Impact
||A two-week programme, with a 120-minute live session each week, plus relevant follow up task.
- AED 840 per delegate including VAT
- Booking Deadline: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- Discount available for bookings of 5 or more members of staff from the same school
- If you wish to make an in-school booking for ten or more of your staff, please contact Rebecca Annand on email@example.com
Dates & Times *
|Face to Face Online sessions
||4 hour programme breakdown
- Session 1: Monday 22nd November 2021 – 4pm to 6pm
- Session 2: Monday 29th November 2021 – 4pm to 6pm
- 2 x 120-minute sessions
- 4 hours online facilitation
- Participant self-directed personal exercise time
Times are UAE Time *
Over the course you will learn and experience the fundamental elements of Write Inspired. You will be given unique practical ideas to bring more authenticity and engagement to your writing sessions. It is highly practical with additional creative activities for you to try between each session. Templates and other resources are provided so that you can take your new skills straight into the classroom.
Live Sessions using ZOOM
The nature of ideas and how to organise them
|How do we get ideas? What skills to use to inspire them. How to create a dynamic learning environment conducive to idea generation. How to use unique Write Inspired graphic organisers.
Imagination and sounds
|How do we inspire imagination and develop it? Understanding the power of sound to inspire ideas. The nature of sound and how it affects us. Simple sonic activities to use in the classroom.
Understanding subjective sonic vocabulary.
|A detailed look at Dice Write – the brand new Write Inspired resource to inspire story and poetry. Very popular with children of all ages with a wide variety of uses. Delegates will receive a copy of the Dice Write Resource. We will also look at reducing anxiety about writing, one of the biggest barriers to it.
Write Inspired in action
|A look at different practical applications of Write Inspired from all over the world. Discover how to use sound to enhance narrative, create and use 3D models to develop poetry, character and narrative and many other practical ideas for you to use in the classroom.
In addition to this content delegates will be invited to try out some practical sessions either with a class or on their own. There will then be opportunity to ask questions in the following session.
All delegates will receive a comprehensive course e-booklet including specially recorded sounds to use as well as the new Write Inspired book of templates to help them get started straight away.
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders responsible for English language and literacy in the primary sector. Primary class teachers and teaching assistants in both Key Stage 1
and Key Stage 2
Aims of the Course
It is well documented that there is a need for more creativity in the curriculum. This acclaimed practical course will:
- explore the barriers to writing and how to overcome them
- inject a dynamic purposeful approach to writing sessions
- turn what can be perceived as a chore into something magical, engaging and transformative
- Increase their knowledge of creative learning techniques that work
- Understand how to use unique graphic organisers to develop ideas
- Be able to support self esteem and confidence in all writers
Download Course Flyer