This course is contextualised to the schools internal safeguarding practice.
The course offers all staff the opportunity to demonstrate an achievement of practical skills, consolidate knowledge and understanding of safeguarding in context to their school or setting.
The course examines current safeguarding legislation and explores how to recognise and respond to disclosures, critical incidents, including illness, injury, security events and emergency situations.
The course focuses on identifying, responding, reporting, and referring concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed, or bullied in the school or setting.
Who is this course for?
A whole school or setting, including:
- Teaching staff
- Senior Leadership teams
- Governors or Trustees
- Administrations staff
- Ancillary staff
- Facilities staff
Aims of the course
Delegates will learn how to act appropriately and confidently to safeguard children in their care.
This training embeds internal practice into the wider remit of safeguarding ensuring all staff understand what safeguarding means within their organisation.
The course is tailored to the policies and procedures of the school or setting to ensure all staff fully understand their role and responsibilities in keeping children and young people safe.
Taught by experienced professionals from a social service, education or policing background you will learn to:
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within your setting.
- Ensure policies and procedure are embedded into practice.
- Identify the relevant legislation and guidance that safeguards children and young people within your geographical context.
- Identify what is meant by safeguarding and child protection.
- Name the categories of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns.
- Recognise possible child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse.
- Know how to record what you have seen or heard.
- Respond appropriately.
- Report your concerns about a child.
- Identify the appropriate reporting routes within your setting.
Costs and Dates
Please contact Rebecca Annand to book your training date and further information. firstname.lastname@example.org.