A practical approach to supporting the well-being of yourself and your students
A collaborative approach to developing your personal well-being and applying this knowledge to your classrooms and school.
- A twelve-hour, six-week programme, with a 1-hour live session each week
- Readings and activities will be set before, between and after the F2F sessions
Session 1: Introduction
- An introduction to personal well-being practice
- Introduction to positive psychology
Session 2: Why Well-Being and Dealing with Stress
- Understanding the importance of well-being
- Exploring the importance of well-being to support learning.
- The biology and psychology of stress
- Understanding how we ‘function’ focusing and exploring how to deal with stress effectively.
- The importance of human connection and relationships
Session 3: Relationships
- The importance of relationships
- Practical approaches to relationship development in the classroom.
- The importance of empathy
- Classroom climate and learning
Session 4: Hedonic adaptation and Annoying features of the mind
- The science of ‘happiness’
- Hedonic adaptation and our well-being
- Annoying features of the mind
- Our mind as a thought simulator – Dan Gilbert
Session 5: Gratitude, Kindness and journaling
- Practical approaches for the use gratitude and kindness
- Developing a positive school climate
- Gratitude, Kindness and journaling and building a positive sense of self
Session 6: Resilience
- What is resilience
- Well-being practices and developing resilience.
- Factors that relate to resilience and how they can be developed
- Day to day approaches and practices
- Importance of challenge in and outside the classroom