Understanding Affluent Neglect
- Created By Emily Konstantas
- Last Updated November 4th, 2021
Understanding Affluent neglect
|Delivery Model||Online Face to Face session|
|What is Included|
|Deadline booking date|
Wednesday 26th January 2022
|Face to Face Online sessions||Programme breakdown|
Wednesday 2nd March 2022
11:30am to 1:30pm UAE time
PRIMARY and SECONDARY
This course is specifically designed for:
- School Leaders
- Members of the safeguarding team
- To develop awareness and understanding of affluent neglect to ensure that delegates are able to identify and respond appropriately where a child and young person may be at risk
Taught by experienced professionals you will learn to:
- Understand the rise in affluent neglect
- Understand how to manage critical incidents relating to affluent neglect
- Identify the barriers prohibiting parent/carer engagement and develop strategies in approaching affluent neglect
- Identify risk factors that make children vulnerable in affluent circumstances
- Assert professional authority with affluent parents when there are concerns
* Times are UAE 11:30am to 1:30pm via ZOOM.
Do you feel you fully understanding affluent neglect?
Globally neglect is still one of the most common reasons for child protection proceedings but can often be missed or dismissed by professionals. There is a lack of awareness around affluent neglect which presents practitioners with added complexities.
This course will develop your understanding of affluent neglect ensuring that you are able to identify and respond appropriately where a child and young person may be at risk.