- Participants to bring their own laptop or notebook, to develop their mastery activity on the course.
The Missing Mastery in Primary Science
- Created By Maddison Lewis
- Last Updated May 12th, 2022
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included|
Deadline booking date:
Wednesday 7th September 2022
Date and times of training
Monday 26th September 2022
8:45am to 3:30pm UAE time
|Programme breakdown||Face to Face training|
|Venue||Horizon English School, Dubai|
PRIMARY Teachers who are less confident teaching primary science or those who are new to science leadership.
- This one-day course is aimed at supporting teachers in the primary phases to develop their understanding of mastery in relation to the science curriculum.
- The course will include input from the trainer, planning sessions to design lessons and the opportunity to trial teaching these lessons in a collaborative and supportive setting
By the end of the day participants will have:
- developed their understanding of the role of mastery within the curriculum.
- considered and evaluated approaches to integrating mastery across the school within the taught curriculum.
- a greater knowledge of technology to support learning in Science.
- developed and shared a range of mastery lessons.
- an opportunity to teach a micro-lesson and gain reflective feedback
|08:45||Registration and refreshments|
|09:00||What is Mastery in the Science Curriculum?
How can technology be used to support teaching Science?
|10:30||The planning process
|12:30||Science themed Lunch|
|13:30||Practical opportunity to teach lessons
Reflections and feedback