- Created By The Safeguarding Alliance
- Last Updated November 2nd, 2023
|Delivery Model||Face to Face session|
|What is Included||
Deadline booking date
COURSE CONFIRMED – Places Still Available
Training date and times
Tuesday 14th November 2023
08:30am to 3:30pm
Office 109, Discovery Tower, Studio City, Dubai
PRIMARY and SECONDARY
The course is designed to help you as a:
- School leader
- Designated safeguarding lead
- Single Central Record owner
This course covers a range of topics designed to enhance your safer recruitment process and maintained safeguarding checks. During the course we identify the different checks required for the single central record and discuss not only why we do them but how.
This course addresses the challenges relating to the SCR and contractors, agency staff and volunteers including an international context.
This course identifies legislation that underpins the reasons why we include or choose not to include certain people in our record and discuss some of the different strategies around monitoring the SCR.
This advanced course is designed to equip safeguarding leaders and Single Central Record (SCR) owners with the skills and confidence required to understand what an effective single central record looks like in practice and in preparation for an inspection
Are you responsible for recruitment within your Organisation?
This course will support you to fully understand your role in hiring the best people who comply with your school’s Safeguarding Standards.
The Course will explore:
- The roles and responsibilities;
- Embedding Safer Recruitment practice
- An example best practice Single Central Record;
- The minimum requirement for the Single Central Record; – What pre-employment checks should be included;
- Updating and maintaining staff files;
- Storing information and data retention;
- Ongoing quality assurance and compliance;
- How to audit the Single Central Record;
- What best practice looks like;
- Next steps
|08:45 – 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 – 10:30||Session 1|
|10:30 – 10:45||Coffee Break.|
|10:45 – 12:15||Session 2|
|12:15 – 12:45||Q&A|
There is an expectation for Governing bodies and proprietors to appoint a designated safeguarding lead. The designated safeguarding lead should take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection (including online safety). The designated safeguarding lead and any deputies should undergo training to provide them with the knowledge and skills required to carry out the role. The training should be updated every two years.