A professionally based course offering the opportunity for delegates to demonstrate an achievement of practical skills, consolidate knowledge and understanding of safeguarding of children and young people. The course examines current safeguarding legislation and explores how to recognise and respond to disclosures, critical incidents, including illness, injury, security events and emergency situations. The course focuses on identifying, responding, reporting and referring concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullied.
Who is this course for?
Delegates who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required to keep children and young people safe. This course is for delegates who wish to gain an understanding of the principles of safeguarding or have a duty of care to children and young people.
- Teachers and teaching support staff
- Health workers
- Nursery support workers
- Registered childminders
- School ancillary staff
- Health and Safety officers
Aims of the course
Working in a classroom group setting, you will learn how to act appropriately and confidently to safeguard children in your care. The expectation is that participants would have previously completed an introductory online safeguarding and child protection training course.
Taught by experienced professionals from a social service, education, or policing background you will learn to:
- Identify the relevant legislation within your geographical context and guidance that safeguards children and young people.
- Identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse.
- Name the categories of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns.
- If applicable, understand how safeguarding is implemented in an international context.
- Recognise possible child abuse.
Costs and Dates
- AED 525 per delegate including VAT
- Tuesday 9th February (1:30 to 5:30pm UAE time)
- Monday 14th June 2021 (12:30 to 4:30pm UAE time)