Clear and structured safeguarding governance and accountability are key to an effective safeguarding provision.
The course will explore the safeguarding role and responsibility of the Governor or Trustee.
The course examines current safeguarding legislation and explores how to recognise and respond to disclosures, critical incidents, including illness, injury, security events and emergency situations.
Who is this course for?
This course is specifically designed for:
- Board Members
- Local Advisory Board Members
Aims of the course
The aim of this course is to ensure those who hold governance responsibility fully understand their role in the application of safeguarding accountability within a setting.
Delegates will learn how to act appropriately and confidently to safeguard children in your care.
The expectation is that participants would have previously completed an introductory online safeguarding and child protection training course.
Taught by experienced professionals from a social service, governance, education, or policing background you will learn to:
- Examine the role of the Governing Body or Trustee Board to keep children and young people safe.
- Identify the relevant legislation and guidance within your geographical location that safeguards children and young people.
- Identify who within the Governing Body or Trustee board holds a safeguarding responsibility.
- Identify the different roles and responsibilities in safeguarding accountability.
- Identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse.
- Name the categories of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns.
- Recognise possible child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse.
- Record what you’ve seen or heard.
- Respond appropriately.
- Report your concerns about a child.
- Understand the safeguarding governance and accountability.
Costs and Dates
- AED 600 per delegate plus 5% VAT = AED 630
- In-school and group bookings available. Please contact Rebecca Annand on firstname.lastname@example.org