Safeguarding for Governors and Trustees (Online)
- Created By The Safeguarding Alliance
- Last Updated September 6th, 2023
Safeguarding for Governors and trustees
|Delivery Model||Online session|
|What is Included||
Deadline booking date
COURSE CONFIRMED – Places Still Available
Date and time
Tuesday 19th September 2023
9:30pm to 1:30pm UK time
PRIMARY and SECONDARY
This course is specifically designed for:
- Board Members
- Local Advisory Board Members
- The aim of this course is to ensure those who hold governance responsibility fully understand their role in the application of safeguarding accountability within a setting.
- Delegates will learn how to act appropriately and confidently to safeguard children in your care.
- The expectation is that participants would have previously completed an introductory online safeguarding and child protection training course.
Taught by experienced professionals from a social service, governance, education, or policing background you will learn to:
- Examine the role of the Governing Body or Trustee Board to keep children and young people safe.
- Identify the relevant legislation and guidance within your geographical location that safeguards children and young people.
- Identify who within the Governing Body or Trustee board holds a safeguarding responsibility.
- Identify the different roles and responsibilities in safeguarding accountability.
- Identify what is meant by safeguarding and child abuse.
- Name the categories of child abuse and neglect.
- Identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns.
- Recognise possible child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of possible abuse.
- Record what you’ve seen or heard.
- Respond appropriately.
- Report your concerns about a child.
- Understand the safeguarding governance and accountability.
* Times are UAE 12:30pm to 4:30pm via ZOOM.
Clear and structured safeguarding governance and accountability are key to an effective safeguarding provision.
The course will explore the safeguarding role and responsibility of the Governor or Trustee.
The course examines current safeguarding legislation and explores how to recognise and respond to disclosures, critical incidents, including illness, injury, security events and emergency situations.