Awareness and early intervention is key to Prevent and reducing terrorism. This course will build an awareness and knowledge required to understand what extremism and radicalisation is and how children and young people may be drawn into terrorism.
Based around a legislative framework our course supports delegates to understand why early intervention is so important and what to do should they expect a child or young person is at risk. The course addressed potential threats and identifies methods of mitigation through scenario testing and strategy implementation.
Who is this course for?
Delegates who have not previously completed Prevent training. Equally, this course will support those who have previously undertaken Prevent training and who wish to update their knowledge, skills and continued professional development.
Designated Safeguarding Leads are required to complete Prevent training to comply with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance.
- Teaching Staff;
- Deputy Head Teachers;
- Heads of Year;
- School Governors;
- Designated Safeguarding Leads;
- Pastoral Care Teams.
Aims of the course
To enable staff working with children and young people to understand what Prevent is and the risks extremism and radicalisation pose. The aim of the course is to enable staff to identify at an early stage which children and young people may be vulnerable.
Delegates will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Understand the Prevent duty;
- Identify children and young people who may be vulnerable or at greater risk;
- Understand how the use of the internet and social media;
- Understand how to comply with the Prevent duty;
- Identify support agencies available;
- Understand how and who to report a concern;
- Understand how to deal with a disclosure;
- Identify what is expected of leadership in mitigating the risk to the child or young person.
Costs and Dates
- AED 600 per delegate plus 5% VAT = AED 630
- Tuesday 25th May 2021 (12:30 to 4:30pm UAE time)