The Curriculum Through a SEND Lens
- Created By Jayne Worrall
- Last Updated August 31st, 2022
- Programme Overview
Curriculum Design and planning
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
|Date of Training||Wednesday 14th June 2023|
|Time (UAE)||8:30am to 3:30pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Please note: If COVID restrictions are introduced, this course will become an online training session.
Aims of the course
- To provide delegates with key training to share with their classroom practitioners
- For curriculum leaders to understand how to evaluate the impact of their subject for pupils and students with SEND
- Provide practical strategies for applying relevant research around metacognition to designing the content, pedagogy and sequence of learning in subjects
- For delegates to have tools to review their curriculum plans in the light of supporting pupils with SEND
- For delegates to have greater understanding of how to plan a curriculum to include those with SEND from the start
School leaders now acknowledge that all teachers and leaders in schools/colleges share equal responsibility for the planning of the curriculum for students and pupils with SEND. This course aims to help subject leaders get it right for all pupils first time.
How do you evaluate the effectiveness of your subject on learners with barriers to learning?
What is the impact of current perspectives on reading as the key to accessing learning across all subjects, increasing adult life chances and improving curriculum access for pupils with SEND?
This course will provide recommended strategies to apply back in schools/colleges to strengthen subject leadership in the light of the research base around metacognition and building impact on long term memory. It will give you the opportunity to reflect on the application to your setting and to engage in dialogue with other settings.
This course is for anyone with responsibility for subject leadership, design and impact!
About Inclusive Learning North
Inclusive Learning North has a vision for empowering teachers in developing inclusive lessons and classrooms. We do this by providing excellent training and evidence based strategies to support pupils; particularly those with additional needs and/or barriers to learning.