‘Oh Dear, Can’t You Do It?…Let’s Try This’
- Created By Janet Dinsmore
- Last Updated November 3rd, 2022
Special Educational Needs
|Delivery Model||Face to Face|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
Wednesday 5th April 2023
|Date of Training||Tuesday 16th May & Wednesday 17th May 2023|
|Time (UAE)||8:45am to 3:30pm (UAE Time)|
|Platform||Face to Face|
Teachers and teaching assistants.
- To increase teachers’ confidence in identifying pupils with dyslexia, dyspraxia specific language disorders and autism in their classes.
- Practical examples of how these difficulties typically manifest at different ages.
- How to adjust the curriculum and adapt teaching for these pupils.
- To be able to identify the presenting characteristics of learners with dyslexia, dyspraxia, specific language disorders and autism at ages 5,9 and 14.
- Learn how to adapt work, presentation, what to expect and what not to expect of pupils and pointers towards specific programmes of individual or small group support.
- To have confidence in adapting the curriculum for pupils with these learning differences
A 2-day course covering identification on Day 1 and teaching methods on Day 2. Includes a factual presentation on how to screen and identify. Participants to bring their own case studies and samples of work for discussion and analysis.
|08:45||Registration and refreshments.|
|09:00||Input on dyslexia, dyspraxia, specific language disorders and autism in children aged 5 and 9 and young people aged 14.|
|11:00||How to identify these learning differences and some of the tests that can be used by teachers and how these help with identification.|
|14:00||Working with teachers on case-studies of pupils to advise and work together on identifying the difficulties they have.|
|08:45||Networking and refreshments.|
|09:00||Input on effective methods of teaching children aged 5 and 9 and young people aged 14 with dyslexia, dyspraxia, specific language disorders and autism.|
|11:00||Programmes that support learning for individuals and small groups at the different ages and stages. Discussion of cases and what teachers have tried.|
|14:00||Working with teachers on case-studies of pupils, including samples of work to advise and work together on devising the best methodologies for delivering the curriculum.