Managing Allegations of Abuse (Online)
- Created By The Safeguarding Alliance
- Last Updated September 20th, 2023
|Delivery Model||Online session|
|What is Included|
Deadline booking date
COURSE CONFIRMED – Places Still Available
Training date and time
Thursday 5th October 2023
12:30pm to 4:30pm
PRIMARY and SECONDARY All Senior Leaders, School Governors/Trustees and Safeguarding Leads.
- To equip the delegate with the confidence to manage allegations of abuse against staff and volunteers.
- Understand what an allegation is and how allegations may arise
- Understand role and responsibilities in managing allegations
- Recognise possible risks and identify measures to mitigate risk
- Understand how to effectively manage communication
- Understand the impact of allegations and investigations to ensure that all those involved are appropriately supported
- Identify good practice
This course has been designed to ensure that you take a systematic approach and understand the importance of evidencing when faced with a safeguarding concern.
As part of this course, The Safeguarding Alliance will provide you with a managing allegations of abuse policy and other relevant resources aimed to equip you with the confidence when making decisions.
The Course will explore:
- Understanding what allegation is and how allegations may arise
- Identify guidance in relation to managing allegations of abuse
- Examine roles and responsibilities in effectively managing allegation
- Understanding the importance of providing support to all those involved
- Understanding the importance of risk and critical incident management in mitigating moral panic
Session 1: It can happen here
Session 2: Communication, next steps and managing the outcome