This course will support your setting in recognising and understanding the key principles required to keep children and young people safe during a potential lockdown or crisis situation.
Based around a legislative framework our course supports delegates to understand why planning a school lockdown procedure may be required. The course addressed potential threats and identifies methods of mitigation through scenario testing and strategy implementation.
Who is this course for?
Delegates who have not previously completed an educational emergency planning and critical incident management course may wish to undertake this training. Equally, this course will support those who have previously undertaken lockdown training and who wish to update their knowledge, skills and continued professional development.
- Teaching Staff;
- Deputy Head Teachers;
- Heads of Year;
- School Governors;
- Facilities Managers.
Aims of the course
Our lockdown and crisis management training aims to ensure schools know how to critically manage a lockdown or crisis situation.
Our training aim is that policy is embedded into practice and roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and identifiable.
Delegates will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Identify the available means of internal communication, the age of students, the site layout and the geographical location and what this means in a crisis situation;
- Identify what to plan in a lockdown situation on site;
- Recognise the need for flexibility in those plans could save lives and minimise injury;
- How to achieve effective full or partial lockdown;
- Understand the communication and media strategy for the organisation.
Costs and Dates
- AED 500 per delegate plus 5% VAT = AED 525
- Tuesday 11th May 2021 (12:30 to 4:30pm UAE time)