Keys to Mental Health and Inclusion
- Created By Colin Newton
- Posted on July 5th, 2022
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
Wednesday 26th October
|Date of Training||Tuesday 6th December 2022|
|Time (UAE)||8:30am to 3:30pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Please note: If COVID restrictions are introduced, this course will become an online training session.
PRIMARY and SECONDARY teachers, Heads and Deputies, SENCOs, Learning Support and Guidance Staff, Advanced Skills Teachers, Parents, Local Authority Support Services, Community Development Workers, Early Years and School-based Practitioners.
Aims of the course
Best delivered over the course of a full day, ‘Keys to Inclusion’ introduces participants to 6 guiding Ideas that underpin inclusive practice.
- The importance of WELCOME
- Inclusion is about Adults’ learning
- Taking the Long View
- Giftedness as a new paradigm for understanding disability, mental health and difference
- The Intentional Building of Relationships – ‘Circle of Friends’ work as an example of this
- Not doing it alone – the importance of Teams in developing inclusive practice
- Increased confidence regarding developing inclusive practice in mainstream schools and other settings
- Access to a wider range of practical strategies to impact on behaviour problems
- Deeper understanding of core values surrounding inclusion of disabled and challenging children and adults
- Opportunity to reflect on professional attitudes and behaviour towards parents and pupils
- New skills and processes to make inclusion successful
The course answers the questions :
- Why inclusion?
- What is inclusion?
- How do we go about including high profile children or young people?
- What does inclusion have to do with me?
|08:30||Registration and refreshments|
|08:45||Introduction and training session|
About Inclusion Solution
‘Inclusive Solutions’ are a team of psychologists and associates who specialise in mainstream inclusion for disabled and challenging children and adults. Making available cutting-edge practical strategies and ideas for developing effective inclusion in local mainstream schools and communities, Inclusive Solutions use ideas that have been developed internationally and adapt them to the UK context. They work with anyone who wants to bring about the real systems changes that are necessary to move towards a truly inclusive society.
Since being founded in 2001 by Colin Newton and Derek Wilson, Inclusive Solutions have been providing accessible, interactive training on all aspects of inclusive practice in education settings and beyond. Over time they have made links with a range of disabled and non-disabled associate trainers, within the UK and beyond.