Improving Literacy in the Classroom for all Students
- Created By Melissa Skiles
- Last Updated November 9th, 2021
Literacy for all students
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included|
|Deadline booking date:|
Wednesday 26th January 2022
|Date of Training||Wednesday 9th March 2022|
|Time (UAE)||8:45am to 3:30pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Please note: If COVID restrictions are introduced, this course will become an online training session.
PRIMARY and SECONDARY – School leadership, inclusion/wellbeing staff, teachers and learning assistants.
- To improve the knowledge and skills of instructional school staff on literacy and as a result, improve the progress of all students.
- Participants will better learn the process of developing literacy for all students, including English language learners and those with exceptionalities.
- Those attending will also learn the methods for achieving both short-term and long-term literacy goals.
Developing literacy fluency in a multinational setting requires systematic and procedural steps to ensure gaps are closed, and all learners develop fluent reading, writing, communication, and comprehension. This course will help participants understand the methodology of developing literacy in students of all ages and abilities as well as necessary systems and pathways to doing so.
|08:45||Registration and refreshments|
|09:00||The psychology of literacy: understanding the foundation of skills and how the brain works to become literate.|
|11:00||Observing and quantifying specific reading behaviors and how to use that data to plan intervention.|
|14:00||Structured systems and methods to improve reading fluency, reading comprehension, vocabulary, and written expression.|
About Equity Advocate Solutions
Equity Advocate Solutions is a Dubai-based agency specializing in inclusive practices and support, providing both private and corporate training. EAS works to help individuals and organizations reduce inequity amongst the vulnerable and underrepresented.