||Gifted and Talented
||A five-hour blended, programme, comprising of 3 hours of virtual F2F training followed by 2 hours of post F2F reflection, including an opportunity for an individual 30-minute virtual meeting with the provider to discuss your own school’s requirements. .
- AED 630 per delegate including VAT
- Discounts available for group school bookings of five or more delegates
Dates & Times *
|Face to Face Online sessions
||5 hours programme breakdown
|3-hour Face to Face training using Zoom.
Training date: Wednesday 6th October 2021 3.45pm- 6.45pm
Deadline booking date: Wednesday 15th September 2021
- 3 hours online facilitation
- 1.5-hour post-course application/reflection
- 0.5-hour individual F2F session with trainer
Times are Dubai Time *
It is more important than ever during COVID-19 that we are challenging our most able students, Young people in our schools need us to support them and
above all to offer them opportunities to thrive and succeed. This requires a rigorous well-planned curriculum which has at its heart high expectations for all.
Key points to consider in these unprecedented times include:
- restoring learners’ confidence and self-belief;
- continuing to consider the needs of the more able in planning and practice (and supporting colleagues to do so)
- maintaining high expectations and ambitions
- being aware of the risk of learning becoming “endless” for the more able (particularly in remote/independent learning).
This course addresses the importance of identification and provision for the more able, giving you tools to take back to the classroom and use immediately, not only for the most able but to challenge all students.
Live Sessions using ZOOM covering:
- Key Aspects in the Identification and provision of the Most Able
- Impact of Challenge for All
- The importance of Identification and provision for the Most Able
- Consolidation and Questions
Who should attend?
Leaders responsible for more able Gifted and Talented in any Key stage and Class Teachers.
Aims of the Course:
This practical training course provides an opportunity to investigate the process of identifying and providing for the most able students in our establishments.
- Consider the implications for our school in a robust Gifted and Talented programme and how it leads to Challenge for All.
- Engage with strategies and activities for providing for our Most Able Students
- Increase familiarity with how to identify More Able Gifted and Talented students with a multi-faceted approach
- Consider the features of an effective programme for teaching more able students within the classroom.
- Identify strategies and activities to create challenging lessons and embed learning, and to support challenge for all.
- Considering the importance of remaining ambitious in our teaching post lockdown
- Develop own practice with more able including strategies for teaching more able learners
- Understand the importance of provision for More Able, Gifted and Talented Students
- Examining the importance of listening to our Gifted students.
- Analyse what outstanding provision for Gifted and Talented looks like
- Discussion and opportunities to share good practice
Download Course Flyer Book Now