||Gifted and Talented
||A five-hour blended, programme, comprising of 3 hours of virtual F2F training followed by 2 hours of post F2F reflection, including an opportunity for an individual 30-minute virtual meeting with the provider to discuss your own school’s requirements. .
- AED 630 per delegate including VAT
- Discounts available for group school bookings of five or more delegates
Dates & Times *
|Face to Face Online sessions
||5 hours programme breakdown
|3-hour Face to Face training using Zoom.
Training date: Wednesday 10th February 2021
Deadline booking date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
- 3 hours online facilitation
- 1.5-hour post-course application/reflection
- 0.5-hour individual F2F session with trainer
Times are Dubai Time *
It is more important than ever that during COVID-19 that we are challenging our students, who have had to adapt overnight to online learning and a reduction in face to face ‘real’ classroom teaching, one of the most important ways to challenge our students is with Higher Order Questioning. Asking and answering questions is a key ingredient in the learning process and in effective teaching. Including to:
- diagnose students’ level of understanding
- help students retain material but putting into words otherwise unarticulated thoughts
- involve and engage students in their learning process, especially critical thinking and reflection
- test students’ knowledge
- dispel misconceptions
- summarize and review key points and highlighting main themes, ideas and skills
- stimulate creativity
- modifying students’ perception of the subject
- encourage students to become self-directed learners
This course addresses the importance of Higher Order Questioning, giving you tools to take back to the classroom and use immediately.
Live Sessions using ZOOM covering:
- Key Aspects in the choice of Questioning Techniques
- Impact of Quality Questioning on teaching and Learning
- The importance of Higher Order Thinking
- Consolidation and Questions
Who should attend?
Leaders responsible for more able Gifted and Talented in any key stage. Class Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
Aims of the Course:
This practical training course provides an opportunity to investigate Higher Order Questioning.
- Consider the implications for teaching, of asking the right questions
- Engage with strategies and activities for delivering Question rich lessons.
- Understand the importance of asking the right questions
- Analysing the types of questions that are the most effective for learning
- Identify the type of learning that can result from good questioning techniques
- Discussion and opportunities to practice different techniques of questioning
- Activities to generate questioning
- Examine the uniquely powerful tool of questioning and how it can equip you with skills for life
- Identify ways to respond to student’s questions
- Describing how to manage your students’ response to your questions
- Analysing questioning resources available
- Sharing Good practice
Download Course Flyer Book Now