Future-Proofing Our Students: Developing Independent Thinkers for an AI-Competitive Future
- Created By Neil Atkin
- Last Updated September 19th, 2023
Technology in Education
|Delivery Model||Online Learning|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
Wednesday 24th September 2023
|Date of Training||
Monday 2nd October, Monday 9th October, Monday 23rd October & Monday 30th October 2023
|Time (UAE)||4pm to 5pm|
Anyone who wishes to equip their students for possibly the biggest societal change since the industrial revolution.
By the end of this four-session course, educators will be well-equipped to inspire critical thinking, creativity, adaptability, and ethical decision-making in their students while harnessing the benefits of AI technology as a valuable educational tool.
In an era dominated by artificial intelligence (AI), educators play a pivotal role in shaping young minds equipped with essential critical thinking skills.
This course is tailored to empower educators with the strategies and approaches needed to guide students through the challenges and opportunities presented by AI-driven advancements
This comprehensive course empowers educators to cultivate critical thinking abilities that are pivotal in complementing the rise of AI technology. Participants will delve into fostering creativity, problem-solving, adaptability, and ethical decision-making in students, ensuring they can thrive in a world where AI plays an increasingly prominent role.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Nurturing Critical Thinking: Educators will learn strategies to encourage students to question assumptions, analyze information, and assess different perspectives critically.
- Fostering Creativity and Innovation: The course equips educators with tools to inspire creative thinking, allowing students to explore unconventional solutions that AI might not generate.
- Enhancing Problem-Solving Skills: Teachers will discover methods to guide students in developing robust problem-solving approaches that involve collaboration, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Teaching Ethical Decision-Making: The course provides educators with resources to lead discussions on ethical considerations related to AI, helping students make informed and morally conscious choices.
- Cultivating Adaptability and Lifelong Learning: Educators will be equipped to instill a growth mindset in students, promoting adaptability, resilience, and a hunger for continuous learning.
- Communication Strategies: Effective communication remains crucial. Educators will learn techniques to facilitate productive discussions, foster teamwork, and enhance students’ articulation skills.
This dynamic course employs an interactive approach, blending informative lectures, hands-on workshops, group brainstorming, and real-world case studies. The course environment encourages educators to apply their learnings immediately in their classrooms, ensuring practical and effective implementation.
Importance of the Course:
As AI technology continues to shape various industries, teachers are pivotal in nurturing skills that AI cannot replicate. By participating in this course, educators can empower their students to develop the cognitive abilities needed to thrive in an AI-augmented world – skills that are essential for success in the 21st century.
Prepare your students for a future where their human ingenuity collaborates with AI capabilities harmoniously. Enroll in the “Empowering Critical Thinking in the Age of AI” course, and equip yourself with the knowledge and strategies to guide the next generation of thoughtful, adaptable, and ethically conscious individuals.
Session 1: Fostering Critical Thinking and Creativity
Objective: To equip educators with strategies for nurturing critical thinking and creativity in students while working alongside AI tools.
- Cultivating Critical Thinking: Techniques for promoting questioning, analysis, and evaluation.
- Encouraging Creativity: Strategies to inspire innovative thinking and problem-solving.
- AI as a Creative Partner: Exploring how AI can augment students’ creative processes.
- Practical Activities: Hands-on exercises for fostering critical thinking and creativity in the classroom.
Session 2: Teaching Ethical Decision-Making and Adaptability
Objective: To guide teachers in facilitating discussions on ethical AI use and helping students develop adaptability and ethical decision-making skills.
- Ethical AI Use: Approaches for discussing the ethical dimensions of AI with students.
- Adaptability in Education: Strategies for instilling a growth mindset and adaptability.
- Group Activities: Collaborative exercises to promote adaptability and ethical decision-making.
Session 3: Effective Communication and Preparing for the Future
Objective: To enhance educators’ communication skills and prepare them to guide students toward future success in an AI-augmented world.
- Effective Communication: Techniques for fostering effective classroom discussions and teamwork
- AI in Future Careers: Exploring how AI will impact various industries and professions.
- Preparing Students for the Future: Strategies for equipping students with skills complementing AI capabilities.
Session 4: Course Reflection and Action Planning
Participants reflect on their learning and create an action plan for implementing new strategies in their classrooms.