Focus on BTECs: Delivering and Assessing Vocational Training to Young Adults
- Created By Jenny Harding
- Posted on September 13th, 2022
Delivering Vocational Training – BTEC Focus
|Delivery Model||Face to Face|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date:||
Wednesday 30th November 2022
|Date of Training||Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th January 2023|
8:30am to 3:30pm (UAE Time)
|Platform||Face to Face|
- Teachers, trainers, and assessors who are new to teaching and assessing BTEC National Diplomas; those delivering on-the-job vocational learning. Practitioners who would appreciate a ‘refresher’ are also welcome although this is designed especially for novices.
Aims of the course
- This course is designed to expose teachers, trainers and assessors to the delivery and assessment of BTEC National Diploma standards. This course is aimed at introducing or revitalising practitioners less familiar with BTEC expectations how to maximise and exploit vocational opportunities and learners’ abilities. Delegates will be expected to participate in activities designed to model strategies for engaging, motivating, and empowering independent learning.
- Familiarise with BTEC aims and objectives and relationship with vocational competency
- Distinguish between delivery and vocational learning opportunities
- Appreciate options for pre-requisites and progression routes
- Experience learning and assessment strategies transferrable to own practice
- Value quality assurance and control requirements
- Explore delivery approaches and plans in own sector and context
- Plan and prepare outlines for delivery
- Reflect on own current and future practices
|08:30||Registration and refreshments|
Delivering and assessing vocational learning
Planning BTEC delivery and assessment
Preparing for quality outcomes
|08:30||Network & Refreshments|
Putting into practice
Presentations and feedback:
Presentations, feedback and planning next steps
About JP Training & Consultancy
JP is a UK based company established in 2013 by an experienced consultant working predominantly in the post-compulsory sector across all levels, age ranges, abilities and contexts. JP’s portfolio of assignments extends beyond 4,000 specialising in raising standards and improving the quality of learning and teaching for all. It is a close associate of Incyte International Ltd.
Among the range of assignments, JP Training has trained and coached thousands of teachers, leaders and managers, undertaken strategic and operational quality checks and inspections representing Ofsted both in the UK and UAE; authored educational films, multiple educational books (including numerous BTECs) and interactive learning resources for students and practitioners; supported local, regional and national authorities through implementation of government policy and directives and encouraged collaboration between multi-agencies in supporting lifelong learning from cradle to grave.