Ensuring a Successful System of Performance Management for TAs
- Created By Zena Martin
- Last Updated October 6th, 2021
Ensuring a Successful System of Performance Management for Teaching Assistants
|Delivery Model||Online Face to Face session|
|What is Included|
|Deadline booking date:|
Wednesday 30th April 2021
|Face to Face Online sessions||Programme breakdown|
Monday 16th May 2022
4:00pm to 6:00pm UAE time
EYFS, PRIMARY and SECONDARY: SENCOs, Inclusion Managers, Headteachers and other senior leaders responsible for the line management of teaching assistants.
- To understand the place of PM for support staff within the context of school improvement and wider agendas.
- To know how to use PM to lead to clear improvements in pupil outcomes.
- To be able to use agreed standards effectively within a PM structure.
- To be able to ensure that PM structures lead to improved professional skills, attitudes and practice
- Exploration of PM for support staff in the current context of recent research, agendas and the 2015 SEND Code of Practice.
- Strategies to measure impact of teaching assistant input on children’s learning.
- A strong system for performance management of classroom support staff, using the National Occupational Standards.
- Clear methods of evaluating the developing skills, attitudes and practice of support staff.
This course allows an exploration of performance management for support staff in the current context of recent research, agendas and the 2015 SEND Code of Practice. It provides strategies to measure the impact of teaching assistant input on children’s learning. It leaves delegates with what many schools say they require: a strong system for performance management of classroom support staff, using agreed standards. This course will leave delegates with clear methods of evaluating the developing skills, attitudes and practice of support staff.
* Times are UAE 4:00pm to 6:00pm via ZOOM.
Session 1: The context of performance management for teaching assistants and how to measure impact on pupil outcomes
Session 2: Establishing a rigorous and effective performance management system for teaching assistants
About Inclusive Learning North
- Supporting schools – steered by schools since 2014.
- Developing practice that starts with the needs of the most marginalised groups to create high quality teaching, learning and well-being for every child.
- High quality professional development, SEND Forums, training, consultancy and online support.