Working with Disruptive, Defiant & Disrespectful Students
- Created By Nicola Morgan
- Posted on July 8th, 2022
Dealing with difficult people
|Delivery Model||Online live training – full day|
|What is Included||
Deadline booking date
Wednesday 12th October 2022
Date of Training
Tuesday 25th October 2022
9:45am to 3:30pm
See Programme for timings of the day
Ideal for school/college-based staff including teachers, lecturers, head teachers, deputy headteacher, SENCO/ALNCo, special education teacher, school support staff, classroom assistant, teaching assistant, pastoral care staff and pastoral lead teacher.
Aims of the course
It is no secret that today’s classrooms can be a challenging environment for learning. Many pupils are coming to school/college exhibiting challenging behaviours, not only do these challenging behaviours affect educators’ ability to teach a lesson and maintain control, but they also disrupt the productivity of the class as a whole.
So how can educators successfully deal with these behaviours? How can educators work successfully with even the most challenging pupils and help them find more success in school/college and life? This course is designed to challenge the typical perceptions around behaviour as well as including a variety of tools, strategies and techniques help effectively manage challenging behaviour as well as promote positive behaviour.
- Challenge typical or traditional perceptions around behaviour;
- Practice reframing behaviour to elicit the desire response;
- Learn specific techniques to use when dealing with disruptions or challenges in pupils;
- Unpick classroom-management strategies designed to support your challenging pupils;
- Practice strategies to defuse defiance, manage refusal and promote respect;
- Look at common-sense methods to effectively communicate with the most challenging pupils;
- Understand how to encourage positive change in pupils;
- Look at ways to relate to and empower motivationally challenged pupils;
- Provide strategies to help pupils make good choices;
- Look at strategies for dynamically moving pupils from external discipline to self-discipline;
- How to effectively use relationships with pupils to help them independently solve problems;
- Look at approaches to recognise and prevent negative situations from taking place;
- Engage in positive talk to reduce confrontation and promote engagement;
- Learn dynamic strategies to effectively deal with low-level and challenging behaviour;
|Session 1: Change the way you see behaviour
|Session 2: Dynamic Strategies
|Session 3: Support students to take responsibility for their behaviour
About NSM Training & Consultancy Limited
NSM Training & Consultancy Ltd offer a wide range of services including courses, conferences and publications all designed to provide practical, effective and sustainable solutions which is based on the latest research.
NSMTC’s training courses are delivered by active teachers and other professionals who create a relaxed, friendly and inspirational experience for all. We offer high quality Open Courses, In-House Training, Consultancy and Conferences both national and international.