CULTIVATING A CALM, FOCUSED EARLY YEARS CLASSROOM THROUGH YOGA, MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS
- Created By Laura McEgan
- Posted on July 25th, 2022
Comfortable clothing should be worn to this training and you will require a yoga mat.
Yoga and Meditation
|Delivery Model||Face to Face sessions|
|What is Included||
Deadline booking date
Date of Training
Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th October 2022
|Time (UAE)||8:30am to 3:30pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Please note: If COVID restrictions are introduced, this course will become an online training session.
EYFS and PRIMARY Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Department Heads of Early Years and KS1; Pastoral Care Staff; PE Teachers and Sports Coaches.
Aims of the course
Participants will leave the course with the knowledge, practical tips and confidence to share a variety of yoga, meditation, relaxation and mindfulness activities with EYFS children, within their classroom and Extra Curricular Clubs.
- Participants will leave the course with the knowledge, practical tips and confidence to share a variety of yoga, meditation, relaxation and mindfulness activities with EYFS children, within their classroom and Extra Curricular Clubs.
- Participants will learn and experience a variety of age-appropriate yoga poses, breathing & relaxation techniques, mindfulness activities and moving meditations to enhance children’s focus, learning and self-regulation skills.
- Participants will understand how each technique can be adapted for neurodiverse classrooms and individuals, and how to realistically implement each technique into their daily classroom.
- Participants will learn new teaching skills on how to effectively and creatively incorporate yoga, breathing and relaxation techniques into story-telling, music, group circle times, games and imaginative play.
AM: Yoga Poses & Movement for EYFS Classrooms – specific techniques and poses for self-regulation, soothing the children’s nervous systems and enhancing focus. And how to teach them through story-telling, music, games and imaginative play.
PM: Breathing techniques to support children’s self-regulation skills, nervous systems, mental & emotional health, and creative ways to introduce each technique to EYFS children.
AM: Moving Meditations & Relaxations for EYFS classrooms – creative teaching techniques to incorporate relaxation and meditation into EYFS classrooms to enhance children’s concentration, self-regulation and anxiety-relief (meditation techniques for a calm classroom)
PM: Mindfulness Strategies for EYFS children and practical implementation – how to effectively implement your new skills, techniques and ideas into your daily classroom to support children and create a calm, focused classroom.
Please note: Comfortable clothing should be worn to this training and you will require a yoga mat.
|08:45||Registration and refreshments.|
|09:00||Yoga Poses & Movement for EYFS (Experiential Learning)|
|11:00||How to implement yoga poses, movement & breathing techniques into story-telling, music, circle times, PE activities, playground games and imaginative play|
|14:00||Effective breathing techniques to create a calm, focused classroom (for self-regulation and concentration)|
|08:45||Networking and refreshments.|
|09:00||Relaxation & Moving Meditation Techniques (Experiential Learning)|
|11:00||How to implement moving meditations & relaxation techniques into story-telling, music, circle times, PE activities and imaginative play|
|14:00||Mindfulness Strategies for EYFS classrooms & ECAs. How to practically implement it into EYFS daily classrooms.|
About Divine Light Yoga
Divine Light Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School, specialising in Children\’s Yoga Teacher Trainings across the Globe. They provide quality training to educational and healthcare professionals, uniquely combining yoga with specialised areas of education and therapy.
The Divine Light Yoga team are highly experienced, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing supportive, inspiring and transformational trainings.