This course will support your school in recognising and understanding the key principles required to keep children and staff safe during a potential lockdown or COVID-19 crisis situation.
The course supports delegates to understand why planning a school COVID-19 critical incident procedure is required.
The course identifies COVID-19 risk factors and potential threats and identifies methods of mitigation through scenario testing and strategy implementation.
Who is this course for?
Delegates who will be involved in educational emergency planning and COVID-19 critical incident management may wish to undertake this training:
- Covid-19 Health & Safety Officer (as required by KHDA)
- School Nurse
- School Doctor
- Senior management
- Facilities management
- School Governor
- Anyone involved in the Critical Incident Management
Aims of the course
This course aims to ensure schools know how to critically manage a COVID-19 lockdown or crisis situation.
Our training aim is that policy is embedded into practice and roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and identifiable
Delegates will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Ensure staff know how to handle a COVID-19 emergency situation;
- Identify roles and responsibilities in response to COVID-19 crisis management;
- Understand how to implement health and safety procedures;
- Recognise COVID-19 symptoms;
- Identify the available means of internal communication, the age of students, the site layout and the geographical location and what this means in a crisis situation;
- Identify what to plan in a COVID-19 lockdown situation on site;
- Recognise the need for flexibility in those plans could save lives and minimise injury;
- Understand in context to COVID-19 how to achieve effective full or partial lockdown;
- Understand the communication and media strategy for the organisation
Costs and Dates
- AED 600 per delegate plus 5% VAT = AED 630
- Training dates have now taken place. Please contact Rebecca Annand if you would like whole school/large group training – firstname.lastname@example.org