Baby Music and Sensory Play
- Created By Helen Battelley
- Posted on May 18th, 2023
Baby Sensory Play
|Delivery Model||Face to Face session|
|What is Included||
|Deadline booking date||
Wednesday 20th September 2023
|Date of training||Tuesday 7th November 2023|
|Time (UAE)||8:45am to 3pm|
|Venue||Dubai – to be confirmed|
Designed for Nannies, educators, health professionals, nursery managers, TA’s and SEND
The predominant way that babies under the age of one discover and learn about their world, is through sensory motor development. During this stage a baby’s primal instinct is to explore objects by handling and mouthing them in order to find out about their physical characteristics.
Studies suggest that babies who are stimulated reach developmental milestones and become independent earlier. They have keener senses, better muscle coordination and have a more secure self-image. On the other hand, babies who are not stimulated are found to grow up at a distinct disadvantage in their first year in school. This disadvantage may linger for years.
80% of baby’s brain development is in response to Physical Development and Interaction.
In the first years of life, more than 1 million new connections are formed every second in a baby’s growing brain.
This course will use evidence based research and a combination of practical and theoretical content to inform delegates of the impact music and sensory motor movement can have on all areas of infant development.
- Understand developmental milestones in infanthood
- Learn how to stimulate and engage infants in sensory motor movement play
- Develop an understanding of primitive and postural reflexes
- Build an awareness of holistic developmental processed
- Create a bank of ideas and activities to inform movement play
Comfortable clothing is required for this course as there is a practical element.
|08:45||Registration and refreshments.|
Primitive and Postural Reflexes
|11:00||Developing the 7 senses
|14:00||Brain and Body Connectivity
The Power of music
The Environment is the 3rd Teacher
Some of Helen’s other courses available with Infinite learning:
- Super scribers – Early mark making
- Maths Movers – Movement Matters
- Movement for well-being – Movement Matters
- Boosting learning through movement
- Instant Impacting Movement Ideas
- Music and Movement in the Early Years
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to enquire about group bookings or bespoke training.